A Tribute to Tomie dePaola

I was so saddened to hear that the great Catholic children's book author/illustrator Tomie dePaola died yesterday. He created a wide variety of picture books and simple chapter books on Bible Stories, Mary, the Saints, Catholic legends and traditions and many, many other topics. We use his Miracles of Jesus book as part of our First Communion Preparation.

I'd like to share some favorites here and I was delighted to see, even with some of the titles that have otherwise gone out of print, that many are available in Kindle format.Here are a few of my favorite titles:










You might also enjoy some of his "Art Mail" cards that he shared on Facebook and other Social Media sites. Click here for a whole gallery of these lovely cards.


He was truly a huge influence on my family and I will forever be grateful for his beautiful work.

This video interview offers some insight into the man, his faith and his work:



Comments